Question about custom fields

pronounsHe/Him
3written posts
smileearned bits
offlinecurrently
smile
smile Avatar
Hello! I've been working on a layout design, and came across an issue that I can't seem to find any answers on. Can custom fields only be used on user profiles and mini profiles? The idea I had involved using them in the header of the page, beneath the banner... But when I tried that, the custom field values were only visible when I was on my user profile. Is there some workaround to this?

Here's what I mean--

https://i.imgur.com/RlvwwjE.png

The top version is what it shows on every page except user profile. The bottom is what it shows on userprofile, but I want it to show everywhere.

Here's the code I used for it:

<div style="float:right;font-size:10px;";>LV.{foreach $[user.custom_field]}{if $[user.custom_field.name] == "Level"}$[user.custom_field.value]{/if}{/foreach}</div>

pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
i believe proboards doesn't load the profile information of users on every page. even in threads, they only load the use information of the people participating in the thread, which makes a lot of skinning ideas involving profile fields hard. the only exception to this is the profile info of the current user, so if you change user to current_user ($[current_user.custom_field], $[current_user.custom_field.value], etc), you could show that user their specific information in your banner on every page.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.